The Long Island Rough Riders are committed to ensuring that the safety and wellbeing of all participants and their families is the highest priority.
INDOOR FACILITY SAFETY
For all Rough Rider programs that are conducted at the Globall Sports Center, please see below for a list of the procedures that the facility have, and will continue to, conduct in order to maintain player safety. We also have specific camp guidelines available here as well.
- Continuous daily use of the turf Zamboni to thoroughly clean the turf.
- All contact points such as door handles, benches, and front desk surfaces are cleaned hourly.
- Bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected every hour
- We have installed touchless faucets and touchless hand paper towel dispensers to the bathrooms to reduce contact points
- The air conditioning and air filter system has also been upgraded within the facility. As per the CDC and NY State guidelines, we have installed MERV-13 (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) filters into the air ventilation system.
ROUGH RIDER PROGRAM PROTOCOLS
- All participants and family members must wear a mask when entering the facility.
- Once on the field with their group the participant can remove their mask to play if they wish.
- Parents/Guardians/Spectators must ALWAYS wear their mask.
- All participants are only allowed one spectator per participant in the facility at any one time.
- Only coaches and players are allowed on the field turf unless an emergency occurs.
- All parents must remain in the bleacher area and must observe the signs indicating where to stand/sit and must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Each participant will have their temperature taken up entry, using a non-contact surface temperature reader. The screening of every player we feel, although not mandated by the guidelines, is still a necessary step to increase the safety of the players and staff.
- We have implemented a one-way entry/exit system to avoid crossover contact of groups. Please make sure that you adhere to all signage and directions.
- We ask that you arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to your start time to go through all the screening checks so that you can start on time. Your group will be socially distanced from any other groups prior to your start time.
Here are additional resources from the CDC and other organizations regarding the Coronavirus:
CDC – Coronavirus Overview
CDC – Travel Recommendations
CDC – Frequently Asked Questions
CDC – Travelers Health